Freebies!

I'm always on the lookout for free things. The last couple of days I've found a couple of freebies that I don't know how I've lived without. Or at least that's my excuse for posting! First on the block is a little utility called Colibri. If you're a Mac user, you've probably heard of a tool like this called QuickSilver. It's pretty damn cool. Essentially, it's a thin version of Google Desktop, but it only parses your registry/installed executable files. Once installed, you can activate it by pressing "Ctrl+space" then typing in the name of the application to launch. For instance 'Fir' for "Firefox" or "not" for "Notepad". Really quick for me, since I tend not to use the mouse for much if I can get away with it. Linkage is here: http://colibri.leetspeak.org/ Next up is a really, REALLY cool plugin for Explorer. If you're like me, you usually have a command prompt open most of the time. This little extension for Explorer essentially embeds a command prompt directly into the explorer window. I can't stress how cool this is. Linkage is here: CodeProject link I'm looking at a few others right now. More to come, I do believe!

Comments

Popular Posts