Settling into the Edmonton Way of life

OK, so maybe that's a bit premature.  The house is still a shamble, boxes are everywhere, it's Sunday night at 10:00 but dammit, I have a home office all set up again.

Those of you that have been following me (probably not many since my last post was ... well, let's just say that it was a while ago) know that I tend to be a bit sporadic in my posts.  I've also said in the past that I'm going to try and be a bit more prolific.  Well, with it being a new year and all that, time to see what I can do.

So, what's gone on in the last little bit.  I've spent time in Toronto, Canada's answer to New York (apologies to New York), did my bit at Ubisoft Toronto (hey guys!) and I'm now back west-ish in Alberta.  Edmonton to be specific.  Bioware Edmonton, to be very specific.

See, it's a long tale.  One involving friends from way back (GTez, you know who you are) and several attempts to get me out here over the period of five years.  In all honesty, I was starting to feel a little stagnant and needed a change.

Edmonton is good.  Surprisingly so.  As in "The family mostly likes it here".  The missus is very surprised at how much she likes it.  Even though we're constantly saying "you know, it's cold, but it's not *that* cold" (trust me, -27 in Toronto is very, VERY different than -27 here).

From my standpoint, work is very good as well.  No more 4 hour daily commutes.  Seriously.  My daily commute now is under 30 minutes. I have a shockingly large amount of free time on my hands now.

That's where this blog comes into play.  I now see that I have time again to put towards this little endeavour.  And I think I'm going to run with it.

I'm going to continue on with my investigation into DX11, but I also think I'm going to play around with some other ideas too.

So, with that, I hope to see you all soon!  And Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts